Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Second Reflection!!

The Second Reflection!

26th July’ 2015

THE SECOND REFLECTION !! 

The session started as the last time. She came to pick me up and we traversed our way through those smelly by lanes. I notice how Prachi gets conscious because of the smell and the problem she thinks it might create for me. But, I try to keep it subtle and kept talking so that the bad of something doesn't affect the goodness of our relationship.
Last time we had decided to read. So, I was carrying an Encyclopedia, an interactive English grammar book and a novel by Agatha Christie. I let her see all the books and choose what she wanted to read.
In the meantime, her family came to meet me. This time, they stood there for a very long time and kept on watching what we were doing. I was in a dilemma. I didn’t like the constant pondering of her sister and father.
When we started reading, her sister sat with us and read along with us. Prachi decided to read the Encyclopedia. The images and details about Space, world, history etc. fascinated her. I thought her sister was also interested. But later she was just yawning and sitting which made me a little uncomfortable.
Things got interactive only after she left. We decided to read about the world and discuss it. I made her read and asked few things about it. She didn’t ask any question other than few English words.
We jot down few points that we thought we will google and then discuss about it. We also made plans for our next visit.
I was telling her about a light and sound show that is conducted at ISCKON in Delhi. It is philosophical in nature and explains about different aspects of life in association with Mahabharata and Bhagavat Gita. We decided that I will download that for her and we will watch that in our next session.
All in all, it started on a little uncomfortable note with eyes prying on me but ended on a sweet smile.
 J

After all I realised that everyone wants to be sure that the children always get the right thing! May be , a parent in future even I will stand and look what is put in my kids' head! Its natural, protective and practical. I understood them! I understood my parents better today!        


                                                          Shagun

No comments:

Post a Comment