Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

That First Tryst - Abhyudhya Diary 1!

12th July’ 2015

The first tryst!
Walking down the lane, confused with the newly given task of mentoring a kid, I had not much in my mind as to what to teach to Prachi. My first meet with her @SPJIMR was nice and simple and I found that she was a very sincere student studying in class 10th. Fair complexion, sweet smile and a very polite composure. Her father was extremely thankful and happy. They both were looking forward the association.

 So, I met her near a restaurant where she came to take me to her house. Crossing the small by lanes of Mumbai chawls, I saw a different world out there. With small houses to waterlogged sides. To a garbage dump nearby to the coterie of ladies. Entered a small house which was like an amalgamation of a ground floor and a mezzanine floor. The ground floor was extremely small, like a size of a bathroom where I sat. Her mother came rushing with a glass of water. Both of them were wearing neat and clean clothes. I could sense that the family was extremely practical and wanted this bond also to be very constructive. I made it a point to make these sessions very fruitful and innovative for Prachi.
As we started, I talked about her studies, her plans for future.
She is an extremely hard working girl. Attends school daily which is followed by her tuitions of every subject. She wants to become a doctor and have plans to get admission in a Mumbai college itself. She didn't mind going outside Mumbai also, to which I was amazed since I thought that the family will be conservative. But parents with two daughters who were giving them the best they could speaks volume about their broad-mindedness and unorthodox thinking. I really respected the family.
For most of the session, we talked about her likes and dislikes to break that ice between us. We ended up having a snack together where I could feel that she is a little more comfortable with me than her first visit.
I wrote few pointers as to what her likings are so that our next session could be around those things.
The  tryst was simple but the view of the OTHER livelihood always sparks that light in me to do something more than just teaching and mentoring.

                Shagun








No comments:

Post a Comment