Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Fourth Fight- Fight with low confidence!

The Fourth Fight- Fight with low confidence!

So, this time I went as a strict teacher with a much disciplined mission in my mind! When she told me that low confidence was her problem, I got all charged up with a purpose to see! And I realized, wasn’t this my own problem at one point? This is generally the most common problem we find in every age group. The fear of speaking, the fear of being judged wrongly, the fear of ‘log kya sochenge and kahenge’ and the fear of being a non-conformist.
I realized that the more quickly a person overcomes this, the faster he can fare up in life. After all, making your presence felt is the most vital lesson our life has taught us ( in times of this cut throat world).  Earlier you start speaking your heart and head, better for your future endeavours.
So, I wasn’t taking this thing lightly. I searched the internet, talked to people and browsed books as how to boost your confidence. Because for me (in my past), it was not exercises and mentoring, but struggles that taught me to be confident. I thought this was my golden chance to make somebody’s life a little easy. I talked to a lot of people and they told me activities to do. I browsed through Abhyudaya library and took confidence building books. I surfed the internet and got hold of quite a few exercises and activities.

So, I met her at her home that day. The environment was as usual. Cool and calm, her mother rushing with a glass of water. I told Prachi about the agenda of the day and she was discombobulated.

  • Writing down our wish list- We did this together so as to maintain a normal decorum and she should feel uncomfortable about writing her weaknesses.
  •   Ponder on things- We read the page that we had written and discussed about it in depth. Obviously, for the things like these, there are no exact solutions. So we discussed and I told her the right way to approach things
  •   Beauty of books- It explained why we have low confidence. The fears in our lives restricts us to do what our heart says.
  • Write it down!- I asked her to write somewhere down about her wish list and read it daily. This will prompt her to take one step forward daily and fulfil her wish list.
  • Three questions exercise- This activity was told by my friend. Ask any one question from three different people who are strangers to you.

This meet was one of the most disorganized and confusing. It is very difficult to make her speak. I would read a simple sentence from the book but cannot judge if she was following it or not. I am sure things like personality development are not high on their agenda list, so I was not sure she was willing to listen and take up those activities. The way I had planned, it went all haywire. It got all dull and monotonous because of monologue. But, I didn’t lose heart and decided to take it up with more vigour and knowledge and more material to show her. May be some encouraging videos.

As Anil Vaidya Sir told us in Cohort meeting, life will be like this only, unstructured but simple! You would not know what will happen next despite of all you have planned. I got a hang of it today. And I decided to take it up understanding from her point of view.
Shagun





No comments:

Post a Comment