Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Kyuki Daag Ache hai- Abhyudhya!

Kuyki Daag Ache hai- The Wonders of Painting together!
It was different. It was enlightening. It was togetherness. It was getting your hands dirty. And as it is said, “Kyuki Daag ache hote hai”, the whole feeling of working together certainly made us closer.
Starting from the dome where we met many sitaras, we could gauge the enthusiasm in them for this weekend. Pygmalion effect happened on us. Seeing their energy infused in us the craziness of going back to our ‘bachpan ke din’. I met a lot of sitaras. They were excited and they told how they had made portraits of their friends over the course of their workshop day. And believe me, I was not there but I could see that they had enjoyed every bit of it. Congratulations to Abhyudhya team!
We finally went to the barracks and started our portrait. I let Prachi lead it and I took a back seat and observed how she pulls through it. She started with her portrait and drew neatly. Occasionally, she would ask me for suggestions and advice. At that moment I used to jump in and we used to draw together. I did the same thing, of asking for her suggestions and advice when I was drawing. After that we decided our colors and got it.



Here I tried two things-
1.       I let her mix and match colors to bring the creativity out. I let her choose colors which were not conventional. Like, our portrait has a guy with green colors.
2.       The sitara next to us was constantly asking for help and I let Prachi helped her. This would enhance her confidence also and the feeling of caring and sharing will be inculcated.
We colored our portrait, played some games, danced and our day ended happily.
For next day, we started as usual. With coloring and outlining. Here I tried a new thing- of painting the whole wall to the side of us. This I did to inculcate a feeling of team work. I also encouraged the sitara next to us and other sitaras in our group to come together and paint the remainder portion of the wall.
This was again followed by games, chatting and dancing. In all, it was a nice ice breaking session and we had good fun with each other. In the due course, we came to know about each other’s strengths and weakness which helped us to have a more profound relationship.




No comments:

Post a Comment