Total Pageviews

Monday, April 3, 2017

The best part about writing is how it connects strangers!



A response to any article is the best gift a writer can get on the day he wrote an article! We don’t even mind negative feedback; the feeling that somebody sat and heard our opinions is big enough! A positive feedback is icing on the cake.

Recently I wrote an article on one of the blog sites dealing with B-schools, their admission process , the life inside B-schools and placements of course! I wrote an article about my interview saga for the college I finally chose. I was so delighted to see a person who read the article and wanted to connect with me. We shared somewhat same kind of past experience and have somewhat same kind of aspirations from life in future!

It was heartwarming to connect with him. It is like motionless travelling where you meet so many people and exchange your thoughts!

Also, the feeling of helping somebody in his process of finding his dream college and dream company in itself is a great feeling! As mentioned in a book “Give and Take” by Adam Grant, giving is one of the most pleasurable habits. One of the research says that if you contribute 100 hours og giving in an year, you will be happy throughout the year. And 100 hours per year is just 2 hours per week! Where you help a person and yourself feel appreciated to be able enough to help someone. And I am delighted that the pleasure I get by writing gets double fold after the pursuit of giving.

The feeling that you can connect with so many souls out there through your single piece of writing has made me keener to write more and share as much as I can. I am sure, somewhere in this world, in the population of 7 billion; at least one person will read and reply! And hence a relationship will start J  


No comments:

Post a Comment